Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City take on Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium today!
The biggest match of the weekend sees Premier League champions Manchester City host rivals Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium in the Manchester derby.
United won this fixture 3-2 last season, and their dramatic 2-1 victory away to Juventus on Wednesday night will have them brimming with confidence ahead of the 43rd Manchester derby of the Premier League era.
City, meanwhile, saw a resounding 6-0 victory over Shakhtar Donetsk overshadowed by a controversial penalty awarded after Raheem Sterling tripped up inside the box, while claims surrounding the club’s compliance with FFP has made for a difficult few weeks for the champions.
Pep Guardiola’s side are, however, sitting pretty at the top of the Premier League table, while Jose Mourinho’s side lie eighth.
- Kevin De Bruyne will continue to miss out for Pep Guardiola’s side, while the City boss has to decide who to start in attack out of Riyad Mahrez and Leroy Sane.
- Gabriel Jesus scored a hat-trick against Shakhtar but Sergio Aguero is expected to return to the starting XI against Manchester United.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 21 of Man City‘s last 24 home premier league games.
- Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 7 home premier league games.
- Man City have been winning at both half time and full timein 6 of their last 7 home premier league games.
- Romelu Lukaku has missed Manchester United’s last two matches through injury but trained on Friday and will likely to be on the pitch today.
- Juan Mata produced another important display from the bench in midweek, kickstarting their dramatic comeback against Juventus. He will hope to start in place of Jesse Lingard.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in Man Utd‘s last 5 premier league games.
- Man Utd have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 premier league games.
Expert Prediction: Manchester City 3 – 1 Manchester United